Seminar English Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seminar English Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to Seminar English

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Go down 
+28
H yhtomiT 6
Nodrog1221
aro3 *133t*
NickP6
kayla2
duyen821
dur_its_jennifer
KimLp.6
kellyiscool2
Howard-san
laurent_'10
LanHuang
Kaaaaren6
rsantos92
CassieS2
B. Truitt 3
CheyenneP6
ananya_j
NatSanchez27
NickNack3
Dno222
Dylan M Per. 3
katie3
SamC3
jacqueleeny
misscassidym3
K. Hoffer 3
Admin
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LanHuang

LanHuang

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-07

POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 3:58 pm

Dno222 wrote:
Ok, it is a possiblity, but we don't know for sure that she died from a heart attack. scratch Also why would she cry if she didn't see the roses trashed? I mean wouldn't she cry after seeing her roses wrecked. Its common sense, because wouldn't she check the roses before crying and having a heart attack? study

She was crying for the wickdness of the world when she read the words, not when she checked her roses, c'mon if someone says, your mother is dead, are you gonna cry or are you gonna say without skipping a beat "o rly? prove it"
Back to top Go down
duyen821

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 5:43 pm

This story had a very interesting ending. I think Ms. Strangeworth got what she deserved. She was bound to make a mistake like that, how could she think that she could actually get away with it? This story basically teaches that there are always consequences for everything you do and depending on what you do, the consequences can either be bad or good.
Back to top Go down
kayla2

kayla2

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 6:28 pm

I thought this story was pretty interesting. I dont think she deserved that, because when she was writing the notes, it didnt seem that she was writing it out of spite or because she wanted to hurt the people that she was writing them to, I think she genuinly thought she was doing good deeds. I also noticed that she was very self reliant, staying by herself all day, even during meals. I think she finds herself very important and I feel bad that all her pride and joy in her roses was chopped away. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
NickP6

NickP6

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 6:55 pm

I dont know, though she was harsh, and i bit too proud, i think that she didnt deserve her roses bein destroyed, or what ever happened to them.
Back to top Go down
aro3 *133t*

aro3 *133t*

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 9:59 pm

she made me think of some old prefectionist who decides to write complaints for tiny things. which is kind of who she is.
Back to top Go down
Nodrog1221

Nodrog1221

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 10:07 pm

I think Miss Strangeworth got what she had coming. She sent anonymous letters warning people of what she thought was "Evil" around her. She sent things that were mean and ironically, evil.
Back to top Go down
H yhtomiT 6

H yhtomiT 6

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: The possibility of evil   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Mrs. Strangeworth was not improving her community as she believed she had by criticizing the people. She did not assist the people in improving themselves however she made them look stupid by blatantly pointing out their flaws. She only added salt to the wounds and contributed to the deterioration of the community by attacking people mentally through her letters. I think she should have seen what was coming and deserved to have her flowers destroyed. She wanted to rid her community of evil however she did nothing but add to the evil in the community. He roses symbolized the community superficially. However after all the evil she did towards the people in her town, the roses were destroyed, only the thorns were left. They represented what was left of the town, wickedness, evil, and treachery.
Back to top Go down
spatterson

spatterson

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 8:02 pm

I think that this story is a great one. I liked how at first you think that Ms. Strangworth is a nice old lady and then, all of a sudden, she's evil! I found the story to be very funny and meaningful.
Back to top Go down
aaron the great

aaron the great

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Mrs. Strangeworth was a pretty creepy old lady, especially when she wrote those letters to the people of the town. It just made everybody miserable because of the nasty letters she sent to them.
Back to top Go down
SteveF6

SteveF6

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Personally, I believe that Mrs. Strangeworth got what was coming to her because I believe that she, by being the town gossip and "tattletale", was doing her own share of evil. This was contrary to her belief that she was the perfect saint trying to cleanse the world. For example, who sends letters to parents saying that their child, their pride and joy, is a retard Question That is one of the cruelest things I have ever read. Therefore, I believe that Ms. Strangeworth recieved the perfect "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" punishment because she lost her most valuable possion while the Cranes' lost all dignity and hope in theirs! In fact, I wish Ms. Strangeworth's roses had been cut up earlier just because just because of her immense ego, but that is a whole other story Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Dno222

Dno222

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2006 8:40 pm

SteveF6 wrote:
Personally, I believe that Mrs. Strangeworth got what was coming to her because I believe that she, by being the town gossip and "tattletale", was doing her own share of evil. This was contrary to her belief that she was the perfect saint trying to cleanse the world. For example, who sends letters to parents saying that their child, their pride and joy, is a retard Question That is one of the cruelest things I have ever read. Therefore, I believe that Ms. Strangeworth recieved the perfect "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" punishment because she lost her most valuable possion while the Cranes' lost all dignity and hope in theirs! In fact, I wish Ms. Strangeworth's roses had been cut up earlier just because just because of her immense ego, but that is a whole other story Exclamation
That is defintely ture. Who enjoys making kids and adult lives miserable by just mailing letters telling them that their kids are stupid, or that some people can't be trusted. She thought she was all that and a bag of chips, when really she was just being cruel, obnoxious, and idiotic. She could not let a single secret be secret anymore.
Back to top Go down
flavorflavia

flavorflavia

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-09-17

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2006 9:15 pm

I definitely did not expect the story to end with Ms. Strangeworth being the victim. She was known throughout the town because she had been there for so long. When the boy picked up the letter and said he would bring it directly to the home I figured that no good would come from it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POST: Short Story: "The Possibility of Evil" (17   POST:  Short Story:  "The Possibility of Evil" (17 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2