Seminar English Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to Seminar English
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Share a Favorite Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ananya_j



Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:40 am

Ilike books by the author Lois Lowry such as "Gathering Blue" and "the Giver". I also like The series of Unfrotunate Events
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dno222



Number of posts : 71
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 pm

The giver is a awesome book, wonder how long it took Lois Lowry to create a book about an entirely different system of life in a different world. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KimLp.6



Number of posts : 16
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:15 pm

ananya_j wrote:
Ilike books by the author Lois Lowry such as "Gathering Blue" and "the Giver". I also like The series of Unfrotunate Events

Oh, so did you read Messenger by Lois Lowry? It's the next book after The Giver and Gathering Blue. I like that book too. and I also like the Series of Unfortunate Events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/azn_skoolgyrl
KimLp.6



Number of posts : 16
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:17 pm

nicolie-olie3 wrote:
I have never heard of the Water Series i also like The Giver Very Happy
Then you should read it. Those are good books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/azn_skoolgyrl
JoNaThAn_D2



Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Dno222 wrote:
The giver is a awesome book, wonder how long it took Lois Lowry to create a book about an entirely different system of life in a different world. scratch

Taking consideration of writers block/inspiration rain and regular life, it would take a long time. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CCMoua3



Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:17 pm

My favorite book right now is Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. It is about his life from twelve to about nineteen in which he was under the legal custody of his mother's shrink. It's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misscassidym3



Number of posts : 24
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: books   Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:43 pm

i did read the water series a few years ago, however since then i usually read longer books. My favorite books ever would have to be the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, along with a few others of his... Cannery Row is great, and Mice and Men is a wonderfully told story. Let's see... And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie is a spine-chilling sort of mystery, and it still makes me think about how twisted the end is to this day. I also read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn this summer which I absolutely adored. There's also the Da Vinci Code, Lord of the Rings, Life of Pi, which are all excellent... I think I have gone on for a little bit too long haha! We were only supposed to describe ONE book... that's way too hard! study study study elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misscassidym3



Number of posts : 24
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: running w/ scissors   Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm

CCMoua3 wrote:
My favorite book right now is Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. It is about his life from twelve to about nineteen in which he was under the legal custody of his mother's shrink. It's hilarious.


Oh! I totally forgot to add that to my list of books I love! Wink It's a great book, I can't wait to see the film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchu



Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:57 pm

My all time favorite novel is, The High King. I find it amusing because of the adventure that the main character goes through, and I also enjoyed the ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dno222



Number of posts : 71
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:17 pm

A good book that I have read would be California Blue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CassieS2



Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:47 pm

Like a Star @ heaven I really like books by Sharon Creech, Sarah Dessen, and Meg Cabot. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodrog1221



Number of posts : 108
Age : 25
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:50 pm

Stephen King, Dark Tower series

Most deff. the best books i've read
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie3



Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:09 pm

One of my favorite books would have to be Angels and Demons by Dan brown. I love his thrilling style of writing and really want to read Deception point. In Elementry school i loved the Dear America series. I love reading odd forms of writing like diary style or books written in poems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dylan M Per. 3



Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:11 pm

Scarecrow by Matt Riley
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls i think
The Purification Ceremony by Mark T. Sullivan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dno222



Number of posts : 71
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:10 pm

Nodrog1221 wrote:
Stephen King, Dark Tower series

Most deff. the best books i've read
Stephen King books are totally awesome. I can't really pick a favorite one out of the books. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodrog1221



Number of posts : 108
Age : 25
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Dno222 wrote:
Nodrog1221 wrote:
Stephen King, Dark Tower series

Most deff. the best books i've read
Stephen King books are totally awesome. I can't really pick a favorite one out of the books. study

What period you in Dno?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SamC3



Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:53 pm

The Color of My Words By Lynn Joseph

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith

The Pigman by Paul Zindel

My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok

Number in the Stars by Lois Lowry

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodrog1221



Number of posts : 108
Age : 25
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:56 pm

SamC3 wrote:
The Color of My Words By Lynn Joseph

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith

The Pigman by Paul Zindel

My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok

Number in the Stars by Lois Lowry

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

Do you mean Number the Stars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HomeboyPWalb



Number of posts : 24
Age : 109
Registration date : 2006-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:52 pm

My favorite book is defidently Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRESZ21!



Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:39 pm

Da Vinci Code
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRESZ21!



Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:40 pm

Books written by Michael Crichton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corinna004



Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:32 pm

One of my favorite books was definently A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and, The Devil Wears Prada.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dno222



Number of posts : 71
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:40 pm

Nodrog1221 wrote:
Dno222 wrote:
Nodrog1221 wrote:
Stephen King, Dark Tower series

Most deff. the best books i've read
Stephen King books are totally awesome. I can't really pick a favorite one out of the books. study

What period you in Dno?
I'm in 2nd period, but i think your in my history class. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodrog1221



Number of posts : 108
Age : 25
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:25 pm

Dno222 wrote:
Nodrog1221 wrote:
Dno222 wrote:
Nodrog1221 wrote:
Stephen King, Dark Tower series

Most deff. the best books i've read
Stephen King books are totally awesome. I can't really pick a favorite one out of the books. study

What period you in Dno?
I'm in 2nd period, but i think your in my history class. scratch

wass your name bro?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dno222



Number of posts : 71
Age : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:56 pm

Nodrog1221 wrote:
Dno222 wrote:
Nodrog1221 wrote:
Dno222 wrote:
Nodrog1221 wrote:
Stephen King, Dark Tower series

Most deff. the best books i've read
Stephen King books are totally awesome. I can't really pick a favorite one out of the books. study

What period you in Dno?
I'm in 2nd period, but i think your in my history class. scratch

wass your name bro?
Dillon Ngo, I sit near the board next to Justin and Howard. The class where Mrs. Segade calls you "Steven" and you made that sign with your name on it. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Today at 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Share a Favorite Book
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Drill Book
» Book Four - Book of Ablution
» The Book, the SOng of Solomon
» New Book on Transiting Planets
» Your Favorite Inspirational Quotes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seminar English Forum at SRHS :: Seminar English Forum at SRHS-
Jump to: