Seminar English Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to Seminar English

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Questions and Answers on David Copperfield

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 34
Registration date: 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:58 pm

Do you have a question about this novel that you would like answered? Ask the question and others in class will answer it for you.

Please note: once a question posed by a student has been answered, it's done. Don't answer it a second time (unless the information given was incorrect).

This should be interesting.

study scratch jocolor cheers bom bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kelsoseminar.editboard.com
Nodrog1221

Number of posts: 108
Registration date: 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:45 am

I'm kinda confused with all the Pence and quarter pence and what not. Does anyone know how to explain their crazy money system to me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K. Hoffer 3

Number of posts: 27
Registration date: 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:33 am

Uriah Heep always used the word "umble." Does this have anything to do with "humble" or does it have a different meaning?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgzzANGELA.

Number of posts: 38
Registration date: 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 am

K. Hoffer 3 wrote:
Uriah Heep always used the word "umble." Does this have anything to do with "humble" or does it have a different meaning?
I'm pretty sure that when he says "umble" he means "humble", only he has an accent. At least I think that's what he's saying. It's a little confusing because the rest of his "h"'s seem to be pronounced fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicole3

Number of posts: 21
Registration date: 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:10 am

Is Uriah Heep supposed to be a good or bad character? I know he kind of weird and freaky, but is he supposed to be evil too, or is he just weird and nice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickNack3

Number of posts: 33

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:54 am

From what I've picked up...umble

which I guess means he's humble, so weird and nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misscassidym3

Number of posts: 24
Registration date: 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:39 pm

i have a question... what is snuff??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 34
Registration date: 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:14 pm

misscassidym3 wrote:
i have a question... what is snuff??

Snuff is a form of tobacco that is snorted up the nose. It delivers the nicotine quickly and gives the "snorter" a buzz. It was very popular during the Victorian Age and men and women used it. They also had to keep a handkerchief handy to blow their nose. Yuck. Can you imagine someone putting tobacco up their nose? Weird, very weird.

Mr. K
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kelsoseminar.editboard.com
NickNack3

Number of posts: 33

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:11 pm

It is a ciggarette in cocaine form! Hooray for speedy delivery.
Was David's pay (I think 50 pounds a year) a lot or a little, I know 1 or 2 shillings a day was good for a laborer, but would David be able to afford his own house?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teddybearlover

Number of posts: 22
Registration date: 2006-12-01

PostSubject: ...   Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 am

What is a fortnight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodrog1221

Number of posts: 108
Registration date: 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:49 am

I believe a fortnight is a period of time around 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ananya_j

Number of posts: 19
Registration date: 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:44 am

my question is that sometimes steerforth does not sound right to me. i wonder if he will be the villian of the story?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Questions and Answers on David Copperfield

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1