Seminar English Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seminar English Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to Seminar English

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share a Favorite Book

Go down 
+26
Dylan M Per. 3
katie3
Nodrog1221
CassieS2
mchu
misscassidym3
CCMoua3
ananya_j
KimLp.6
NickNack3
nicole3
K. Hoffer 3
Buckshot
SteveF6
Dno222
IanBunkerBoyz
kayla2
duyen821
Howard-san
rsantos92
jacqueleeny
itsyihong
CheyenneP6
JoNaThAn_D2
LanHuang
Admin
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Share a Favorite Book Empty
PostSubject: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2006 6:06 pm

In this post, please share one of your favorite novels.
Back to top Go down
https://kelsoseminar.editboard.com
LanHuang

LanHuang

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Dan brown stuff
Back to top Go down
JoNaThAn_D2

JoNaThAn_D2

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 3:56 pm

I like the book Dream Thief.

Last edited by on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CheyenneP6

CheyenneP6

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 4:49 pm

I like books by S. E. Hinton. I also read a lot of fantasy, like Harry Potter (who doesn't read it?!) and Artemis Fowl. Of course, there are plenty of more books I could mention.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mavisbeacon3435
itsyihong

itsyihong

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 5:04 pm

My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. My English class read it class year.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jacqueleeny

jacqueleeny

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Deception Point   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 5:24 pm

My absolute favorite book would have to be Deception Point by Dan Brown. I loved the politics and deception within it. However, the most challenging novel that I've ever read is Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. It's about 950 pgs. about the wild west.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rsantos92

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 5:25 pm

Let's see. My favorite book is probably Wild Fang or Call of the Wild by Jack London.
Back to top Go down
Howard-san

Howard-san

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 5:32 pm

I liked Ringworld by Larry Niven.
Back to top Go down
duyen821

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Share a favorite book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 5:41 pm

I think my favorite book would be the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares! I love how it's written with 4 different point of views for each of the girls.
Back to top Go down
CheyenneP6

CheyenneP6

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 6:39 pm

duyen821 wrote:
I think my favorite book would be the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares! I love how it's written with 4 different point of views for each of the girls.

I love this series, too! It's one of my favorites! I forgot to mention it in my previous post.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mavisbeacon3435
kayla2

kayla2

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 6:43 pm

duyen821 wrote:

I totally agree. I also like books by torey hayden, especially somebody else's kids.
Back to top Go down
IanBunkerBoyz

IanBunkerBoyz

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Sci Fi!   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 7:23 pm

I'll read anything sci fi. I especially liked Ender's Game because of how different it is from our world, and how extremely descriptive it is. I have also read Dune. I think Frank Herbert is a great author, although he uses a page to write what he could have said in two words.
Back to top Go down
kayla2

kayla2

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 7:33 pm

IanBunkerBoyz wrote:
...I think Frank Herbert is a great author, although he uses a page to write what he could have said in two words.

That is what its like in To Kill A Mockingbird. There is so much setting and character introduction before the story is started.
Back to top Go down
Dno222

Dno222

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 9:18 pm

One of my favorite books would beThe Alchemist. Not to sure who wrote it because i lost the book, but I'm looking for it. Cool afro
Back to top Go down
SteveF6

SteveF6

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 9:50 pm

The Three Musketeers and any other book written by Alexandre Dumas.
Back to top Go down
Buckshot

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 9:58 pm

I liked To Kill a Mockingbird. It was very detailed.
Back to top Go down
K. Hoffer 3

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 4:25 pm

I usually love fantasy and sci-fi books, especially if they are in series. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy are my favorite. If you have not read Hitchhiker's, you probably should because even though its not very famous, it is really funny. Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are also great.
Back to top Go down
nicole3

nicole3

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 4:37 pm

I really like the Harry Potter series. I also really liked the book The curious incident of the dog in the night time. It was from an autistic boy's point of view which was really interesting.
Back to top Go down
NickNack3

NickNack3

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 8:36 pm

I like the Da Vinci code, Lord of the Flies, Dungeon and Dragons cuz I am a nerd, well we all are actually, and of course, Steve Irwin: A Biography of a dead man, and Pluto: friend or foe?
Back to top Go down
KimLp.6

KimLp.6

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 8:48 pm

my favorite books are The Giver by Loise Lowry and the three books follow that. Oh, and have anyone read the Water Series by Kara Dalkeys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/azn_skoolgyrl
nicole3

nicole3

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 8:56 pm

I have never heard of the Water Series i also like The Giver Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kayla2

kayla2

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2006 9:55 pm

nicolie-olie3 wrote:
I have never heard of the Water Series i also like The Giver Very Happy
I liked the giver too, and hardly anyone has liked it that I have talked to. Sometimes I think we would be better off like that.
Back to top Go down
JoNaThAn_D2

JoNaThAn_D2

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2006 11:09 am

KimLp.6 wrote:
Oh, and have anyone read the Water Series by Kara Dalkeys?

I remember seeing that book in the library, I'll have a look at it.
Back to top Go down
nicole3

nicole3

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2006 5:48 pm

jacquelinely wrote:
My absolute favorite book would have to be Deception Point by Dan Brown.

I have heard that that book is really good, what is it about?
Back to top Go down
jacqueleeny

jacqueleeny

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2006 8:44 pm

nicolie-olie3 wrote:
jacquelinely wrote:
My absolute favorite book would have to be Deception Point by Dan Brown.

I have heard that that book is really good, what is it about?

It's about deception. (What a surprise! Very Happy ) It has this whole complex story about a political scandal and lots of really good, dirty, political stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Book   Share a Favorite Book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share a Favorite Book
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next