Seminar English Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seminar English Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to Seminar English

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions and Answers on David Copperfield

Go down 
+5
nicole3
omgzzANGELA.
K. Hoffer 3
Nodrog1221
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Empty
PostSubject: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 2:58 pm

Do you have a question about this novel that you would like answered? Ask the question and others in class will answer it for you.

Please note: once a question posed by a student has been answered, it's done. Don't answer it a second time (unless the information given was incorrect).

This should be interesting.

study scratch jocolor cheers bom bounce
Back to top Go down
https://kelsoseminar.editboard.com
Nodrog1221

Nodrog1221

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm kinda confused with all the Pence and quarter pence and what not. Does anyone know how to explain their crazy money system to me?
Back to top Go down
K. Hoffer 3

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 5:33 pm

Uriah Heep always used the word "umble." Does this have anything to do with "humble" or does it have a different meaning?
Back to top Go down
omgzzANGELA.

omgzzANGELA.

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2006-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:20 pm

K. Hoffer 3 wrote:
Uriah Heep always used the word "umble." Does this have anything to do with "humble" or does it have a different meaning?
I'm pretty sure that when he says "umble" he means "humble", only he has an accent. At least I think that's what he's saying. It's a little confusing because the rest of his "h"'s seem to be pronounced fine.
Back to top Go down
nicole3

nicole3

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 5:10 pm

Is Uriah Heep supposed to be a good or bad character? I know he kind of weird and freaky, but is he supposed to be evil too, or is he just weird and nice?
Back to top Go down
NickNack3

NickNack3

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 8:54 pm

From what I've picked up...umble

which I guess means he's humble, so weird and nice
Back to top Go down
misscassidym3

misscassidym3

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2006 1:39 pm

i have a question... what is snuff??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 10:14 am

misscassidym3 wrote:
i have a question... what is snuff??

Snuff is a form of tobacco that is snorted up the nose. It delivers the nicotine quickly and gives the "snorter" a buzz. It was very popular during the Victorian Age and men and women used it. They also had to keep a handkerchief handy to blow their nose. Yuck. Can you imagine someone putting tobacco up their nose? Weird, very weird.

Mr. K
Back to top Go down
https://kelsoseminar.editboard.com
NickNack3

NickNack3

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 2:11 pm

It is a ciggarette in cocaine form! Hooray for speedy delivery.
Was David's pay (I think 50 pounds a year) a lot or a little, I know 1 or 2 shillings a day was good for a laborer, but would David be able to afford his own house?
Back to top Go down
teddybearlover

teddybearlover

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: ...   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:08 pm

What is a fortnight?
Back to top Go down
Nodrog1221

Nodrog1221

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:49 pm

I believe a fortnight is a period of time around 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
ananya_j

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 9:44 pm

my question is that sometimes steerforth does not sound right to me. i wonder if he will be the villian of the story?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers on David Copperfield   Questions and Answers on David Copperfield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers on David Copperfield
Page 1 of 1